Sirius Wilderness Medicine has maintained its reputation as a leader in wilderness medicine and remote health and safety through rigorous research and by applying the highest standards in the preparation and delivery of our programs. We have a strong track record in providing advanced care in some of the most isolated regions of Canada.
For more than ten years we have provided organizations operating in the northern and high arctic regions of Canada with medical solutions that can be relied upon in the face of the world’s most demanding conditions. Our success is based on the lasting relationships that we have developed with local First Nations Communities of the region as well as on the strong ties we have established with local government departments and industry, including Arctic College, Kativik Regional Government, Nunavut Municipal Training Organization and Natural Resources Canada.
We have developed a specific expertise in the area of regulations and government legislation in a broad range of industries and professional fields:
- Natural Resource Exploration and Mining
- Adventure Tourism
- Wilderness pre-hospital emergency care
- Hazard evaluation and risk management
- Occupational health and safety
- Remote camps and work site infirmaries
- Remote nursing practices
- Air transport regulations and medevac systems
- Equipment and supplies
Our clients rely upon us to bring our expertise and experience to bear on their projects and work sites to prevent accidents, injuries and work-related illness.
Research and Development
Sirius sponsors research in wilderness medicine and remote occupational health and safety and is regularly called upon to present at conferences and seminars.
Conference Presentations Include
- PDAC – International Convention and Mining Show – Presenter
- SARScene – National SAR Games – Coordinator and Judge
- Risk Management Conference for Outdoor Educators – Presenter
- Canadian Aboriginal Tourism Conference – Presenter
- International Camping Association Conference – Presenter
- Ontario Camping Association Nursing Conference – Presenter
- Aventure Écotourisme Québec – Presenter
Sirius wilderness first aid programs have been adopted as credit courses by numerous Canadian universities and colleges.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador (NL)
- Université Laval (QC)
- Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (QC)
- Laurentian University (ON)
- Capilano University (BC)
- Nunavut Arctic College (NU)
- Collège Mérici (QC)
- Cégep Saint-Jérôme (QC)
- Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles (QC)
Sirius Wilderness Medicine has developed long-lasting relationships with numerous private and government organizations across Canada. From the vast experience Sirius has accrued over the years we are able to prepare our projects and courses with finite attention to detail and anticipate the real “on-the-ground” application of our systems.
Our Industry Partners Include
- Wilderness Medical Society
- National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR)
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Aventure Écotourism Québec
- Société de Sauvetage du Québec