Course Duration: 40 hrs
WFR (80-hr) recertification accepted
- Course Location
Cedar Cove Lodge
100 Cedar Cove Road, White Lake, ON
- Course Dates
- Course Schedule
8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- CPR/AED Module for pre-registered participants
4 may, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Mandatory Night Simulation
7 may 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Registration Contact
AWFA Training: $475
Meals & Lodging
Participants are responsible for their own meals and lodging.
CPR/AED certification is a prerequisite for all Sirius Wilderness First Aid courses.
Without valid CPR/AED certification, you are not eligible to receive a Wilderness First Aid card.
Sirius offers a CPR/AED module as part of all our courses. To be exempt from this module, you must have a CPR/AED card that is valid for 12 months beyond the date of the course.
- If you have valid CPR/AED certification, please email proof to our offices before the course.
- If you do not have valid CPR/AED certification, please contact our offices before the course to register and pay for the CPR module.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our office.
How to Prepare for a Sirius Course – Please Read Carefully
Out of respect for the group, please plan to arrive 30 minutes before course start time
Sirius courses demand both a high level of concentration and some physical effort. It is important to arrive to your course well-rested. We recommended that you avoid planning additional activities during meals or evenings between course days.
Sirius requires full participation and attendance in our courses. If for any reason you are not able to participate in any component of the course, contact our office to see if alternative arrangements may be made.
Materials Provided by Sirius
Each participant is provided with a comprehensive wilderness first aid course manual, distributed on the first day of the course.
Sirius courses are designed to provide students with practical experience that incorporates hands-on learning and realistic simulations. All specialized teaching aids are provided by Sirius, including:
- First aid equipment and supplies, bandages, splints, spinal boards, etc.
- First aid kits and material used in demonstrations and practical sessions
- Complete make-up kits and props for realistic simulations
- Accident report forms and course handouts
Materials to Be Brought by Participants
Wilderness first aid training programs involve the use of equipment that you would normally have along on an overnight excursion. Participants are required to bring the following equipment to a course:
- A water bottle
- Pen and paper
- A watch with seconds for recording vital signs
- Comfortable clothing and footwear for indoor sessions
- Outer wear and clothing suitable for outdoor activities (rain or shine) – may get dirty
- Small backpack (daypack) to carry equipment during simulations
- Sleeping bag for outdoor simulations – may get dirty
- Foam ground or sleeping pad for outdoor sessions and splinting material
- Tarp or ground sheet (3m X 3m) for outdoor simulations and patient care
- Rope (5mm X 5m) for patient care
- A headlamp for evening sessions
Participant skills and knowledge are evaluated throughout the course in review sessions, quizzes and through ongoing assessment of skill acquisition.
Participant skills and knowledge are also evaluated on the final day of the course. This includes a multiple-choice exam that is corrected and reviewed in class. For advanced courses (AWFA and WFR), there is a final practical exam.
Participants who have successfully completed each course will receive their certificate within 4 weeks of the course’s end.
All Sirius course certifications are valid for three (3) years. Sirius continues, however, to encourage course participants to maintain their skills and knowledge through frequent practice sessions, in-house training and by following refresher courses annually. Indeed many Sirius clients take recertification courses every year regardless of the expiration date printed on their cards.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us. Enjoy your course.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following information:
- course number, date and location
- your name, address, phone number and email address
We will contact you regarding course payment and details.
Questions? Please call 877-982-0066.